Monday, May 11, 2009

Today Anna said that her favorite thing to do was for me to sit with them on the couch and play DS games or watch TV with them.  Two things I read into this: 1 I don't sit with my girls enough and 2 they watch far too much tv and video games.  Of course I said that if I didn't have so many messes to pick up that I could sit more than I do.  Anna then got up to drag out the markers and paint and create another mess for me to clean.  Addie ran into her sister's room saying "mom I'm doing a surprise!"  Nick peeked in on her as she was stuffing all of Anna's clothes under the dresser and the under the bed.  He asked her what she was doing and she said, "Daddy what do you think I'm doing...cleaning Anna's room!"  He then gently directed her to the hamper.  If only we could just stuff it under the bed!!!

It has been 2 months since my last post.  A lot has happened...most significantly was the passing of my grandmother.  Boy do I miss her!  It has now been 19 days since I last spoke to her.  I have really struggled with her passing.  She gave me a very soft, comfortable place and I will miss that.   I really miss that.   

I would post a picture but I don't have any on this NEW COMPUTER!! woo-hoo!  That was part of the reason for the sporadic blogging.  My old one was 7 years old and it gave up on me.  Anyway, I hope to catch up on my blog but at least keep it going from here.  

4 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother! I understand what you mean by a soft comfortable place, my grandmother is the same. I know you'll miss her, but she is definitely looking down on you now!

I'm so glad you're back (you were gone forever) and with a new computer!! Lucky! Glad to hear from you ;)

Stacy said...

I was so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.


Glad you're back:)

Rhonda said...

Yeah!! So glad you're back! :) I know you'll love your new computer!!

Alli said...

Hey April! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. Was this the grandma who had the pool we used to swim in, in middle school? I pray you will be encouraged and that His love and peace will help to fill that missing "soft, comfortable place" until you see her again!