Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Spelling Bee..

Mama's so proud! All week Anna has been talking about a spelling bee they were doing in class. Nothing major, just some fun in class I thought. Today she said, "Mama today in the spelling bee it got down to two people and Zachary (Anna goes to a small school and everybody knows that he's very very smart) spelled bring wrong. And then I (did I hear her correctly...I?) spelled it right...b-r-i-n-g...that's how I spelled it and then I had to spell brown...b-r-o-w-n and then I won." I was so proud of her. Don't get me wrong...she's such a bright girl and does very well in school...but spelling? She definitely doesn't take after her mama. I can't spell to save my life. Thank goodness for spell checker is all I have to say. She squares off with the other two winners of the remaining first grade classes on Friday. Big day for her.
Sock it to 'em girl!!

Pic's of my birthday at El Mexicano... Anna, Addie and Luke putting the candles on the cake Putting all those candles on there???




and I could not resist posting a pic of these beautiful pink roses!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yea Anna!! That's great! And the roses are so pretty. :)

Jon and Steph said...

I'm not the best speller either! That's awesome for Anna!
And the roses are beautiful!

Amber said...

What beautiful roses! That's what I call "blog worthy." If you have to have so many candles at least they were cute ones!